Python-Jan 2022 prep portfolio: Portfolio for January 2022 Prep

Portfolio Template

This is a Jekyll website template designed for Prep Fellows.

Netlify Status

Make your own!

1. Use the Template button.
  2. Update _config.yml to contain your information.
    1. Change url to the URL you'll be hosting it at
    2. Make sure it has the /
  3. Use something like Netlify or GitHub Pages to deploy (note, this only works on username.github.io, not username.github.io/repo-name)

Add your portfolio

Head to _data and fill out either projects.yml, experience.yml and education.yml.

Project example.

Education example.

- course: Prep Fellow
  institute: MLH Fellowship
  dates: Fall 2021
  logo: fellowship.svg

Add project posts

1. Make a new .md file inside of projects.
  2. Add the header to your markdown file (see below) and change the title to the name of your blog post.
  3. Write your project page! Can be a README from GitHub or your Devpost page.
  4. Add the page-name field to your projects.yml (see below).

Top of post markdown file post.

---
title: Project
layout: page
---

projects.yml with the page-name field.

- title: Online Shopping Application
  event: MLH Prep - Batch 4.5
  date: Summer 2021
  page-name: project

Development

If you want to test it locally or add some new features, run the below commands. Make sure to have Ruby and Bundler installed.

bundle install --path vendor/bundle
bundle exec jekyll serve

Comments

Center align project cards

Jan 15, 2022

Should we center these cards? Right now, there's blank space towards the right end

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 2 11 32 PM

working on it
    Centered project elements [#66]

Jan 16, 2022

@ditsuke I updated the scss part of project elements

Before :

Screenshot (197)

After : Screenshot (198) Screenshot (199)

Hope this will Look good ?

Workflow Contribution Count/PR Review Fails on External PRs

Jan 16, 2022

Instance

Ref: #71 https://github.com/MLH-Fellowship/jan-2022-prep-portfolio/runs/4831613810?check_suite_focus=true

image

Context

I believe the workflow doesn't account for external PRs. I read that the GH_TOKEN workflows use by default don't have push permission for external PRs. A fix might be to use a personal access token instead or change how the workflow works to avoid this scenario.

cc @KhudaDad414

feat: Experimental: Capture the browser's back/forward events and transit between pages

Jan 14, 2022

In the previous version of page-transition, I was unable to capture the back/forward event and I didn't add a transition between pages when the user presses Back/Forward. I addressed this issue by using a combination of history.pushState, history.popState and location.reload() & replaced location.href with history.pushState(); location.reload()

enhancement
    enhancement: Add a navigation bar

Jan 13, 2022

Context

• To add the navigation bar for the project.
    • Closes #9

Implementation

• Added Sass and JavaScript code to make the navigation bar sticky and dynamic
    • Link to navigation bar items to appropriate sections.

Authors

@adizcode and @harshsharma6401

Images

Please, go through these steps before you submit a PR.

• [x] My Pod Leader knows I'm working on this Pull Request
    • [x] I've explained what the Pull Request is adding.
    • [x] I've explained why this is important.
    Issue #12 - Social Media Icons + Data

Jan 12, 2022

Fixes #12

Changes

Added social media icons, and data of every podmate except images. NOTE: There is header and profile pictures distortion in this, but that issue has already been solved in #18

Author

@anubhav06 @KshitijDarekar

• [x] My Pod Leader knows I'm working on this Pull Request
    • [x] I've explained what the Pull Request is adding.
    • [x] I've explained why this is important.
    Issue#3 Improve loading time for images by Compressing

Jan 13, 2022

Summary

• Used Github Image Actions to optimize images

• Added .github/workflows/calibreapp-image-actions.yml in the repository

• Image Actions will compress images so that they’re smaller, every time we push an image in the main branch,

• We can control the quality of the images, we have kept it to default as of now

• Image Actions adds optimized images to the current Pull Request and posts a summary comment.

Image Actions will run in the following scenarios:

• on Pull Requests containing images (not including forks)

• on pushing of images to main (for forks)

• on schedule at 11 PM every Sunday(we can change the days and timing) if anything gets missed with any of the above scenarios

Screenshots

Demo Test: In a forked repository, we created a separate branch, added an image, and pushed it to the main branch of the forked repo. So while making the PR the images are optimized. test2

Author

@KshitijDarekar @psahithireddy

• [x] My Pod Leader knows I'm working on this Pull Request
    • [x] I've explained what the Pull Request is adding.
    • [x] I've explained why this is important.

References and Resources

Additional Info

This PR closes issue#3

feat: Add pod blog

Jan 14, 2022

Closes #8. WIP

Please, go through these steps before you submit a PR.

• [x] My Pod Leader knows I'm working on this Pull Request
    • [x] I've explained what the Pull Request is adding.
    • [x] I've explained why this is important.
    fix: make profile picture layout responsive

Jan 11, 2022

This PR fixes #13 @VaibhaveS and I have collaborated on fixing this issue.

• I've worked on fixing the CSS of the tablet view
    • @VaibhaveS has worked on fixing the CSS of the mobile view
    • What we did in order to fix it?
      • We used CSS grid and media queries for multiple breakpoints
      • Added some extra padding at the bottom of the pod name of h1 type

Attached Screenshots

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 8 20 56 PM
    Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 8 21 17 PM
    Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 8 22 18 PM

Please, go through these steps before you submit a PR.

• [x] My Pod Leader knows I'm working on this Pull Request
    • [X] I've explained what the Pull Request is adding.
    • [X] I've explained why this is important.
    ready to merge