Vuejs-Tidytab 3.0.0: TidyTab - A Chrome extension for tidying up those tabs.

icon
Latest Release: 3.0.0

1 - Download this release

1. Download .zip file below (the attached zip, NOT the zip of the source code)
  2. Extract it
  3. Follow the instructions below to load the unpacked extension

2 - Loading the unpacked extension

Extensions can be loaded in unpacked mode by following these steps:

1. Visit chrome://extensions (via omnibox or menu -> Tools -> Extensions).
  2. Enable Developer mode by ticking the checkbox in the upper-right corner.
  3. Click on the "Load unpacked extension..." button.
  4. Select the directory containing your unpacked extension.
Source code(tar.gz)
Source code(zip)
TidyTab-3.0.0-chrome.zip(1.03 MB)

github-banner

TidyTab

Tired of keeping your browser open just to keep your tabs open and not lose them? Well, tidy them up using TidyTab and free up your computer's memory and your own mental space and restore them later with in a single click.

Get TidyTab on the Chrome Store

Contributing

Build for development by running:

npm run dev

Installing for development

Extensions → Load unpacked extensions → Navigate to dist folder

Releasing

Increment version in manifest.json and package.json, taking care to honor semver, then:

npm run build:chrome

Upload artifact in ./packages

Demo

demo

Credits

Comments

Solve the testing story

Apr 22, 2017

enhancement
  • "Alt+t + Alt+t" keyboard shortcut doesn't work

May 22, 2017

Tidy version 2.13.0 Windows 10 Pro Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

Crashes on tidying all tabs of current window

Oct 12, 2018

Crashes when clicking "Tidy n tabs". The tidytab dashboard is then the last open tab and doesn't load/stays white. ... Chrome's "Collect Errors" feature pointed to the store at line 189 where we hydrate "whenever we come back to the dashboard":

Please add bookmarks to an existing folder, no need to create a new folder.

May 12, 2019

As above

Suggest: Automatically delete bookmarks

Jun 30, 2019

Easily restore bookmarks to your current window or a new window with a single click.The bookmark is automatically deleted afterwards.

I need this feature

Feature: Name Tab Group

Dec 18, 2019

I would like to be able to name a saved group of tabs, so where it says now for example:

7 tabs Wed 12/18 @ 2:25pm

I'd like it to say something like:

Research On Something - 7 tabs Wed 12/18 @ 2:25pm

Really cool would be, if I could provide this name in the little popup where I can select which tabs I want to tidy up.

Change font pullease? ;)

Apr 15, 2020

Hi Brian, Awesome extension. Best tab manager yet, as my review says. Only thing lacking is its very hard to see. The font is dimmer than any other font on my screen. Maybe the size or font choice or the background? Would make the perfect Tab Manager if I could remedy that. Thanks!

• Odd
    Odd "New Window" Interaction on the Microsoft Edge Browser

Nov 27, 2021

So, I love this extension, absolutely. The GUI and quick-click featuring make it ridiculously productivity friendly. This issue is more of a "hoping that something is possible" over an "immediate error" thing.

Stems down to this: With TidyTab enabled on Edge (downloaded through the Chrome Web Store, as Edge has support for) the mini-tab Dashboard is the one that Edge will open to every time the program is restarted. No default to a New Tab home screen, just right to TidyTab - introducing one more click I must endure, frightfully, to open a New Tab again to search as normal.

I will see if I can mess around with some combination of settings to get the expected behavior, though leaving this as a report for now.

TidyTab doesn't work on some computers

Apr 21, 2017

It simply cannot tidy the tabs. Video and log are attached.

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Browser: Google Chrome 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit) TidyTab version: 2.5.0

Note: It works fine on my Win7 x64 home computer.

video and log.zip

Force bookmark sync (if possible) after tidying

May 1, 2017

Title says it all.

enhancement
    What would it take to not use Other bookmarks?

Apr 12, 2017

OT doesn't use this and it's rather disconcerting to have it there, feels less "clean". Really not an issue but opening this for discussion anyways as I also have a specific set of folders at a certain length on my bookmarks bar, having the other bookmarks folder there cuts them off and gives me a dropdown.

Export groups to file

Jun 19, 2017

Often after an intense research session (imagine dozens of tabs), I like to save these to a file somewhere in my Dropbox I can retrieve later if needed. No need to be able to import these back, I just don't want to pollute my bookmarks or bog down TT with stuff I don't immediately need or might never need later.

Not a crucial must have, just wrapping my daily workflow around this tool but at the same time I think it's also beneficial to have grouped selective export as well instead of dumping the whole tree.

feature-request
    TidyTab Restores all Groups with Same Title

Apr 22, 2017

A couple of my extensions got corrupted just now so I had to delete my Chrome profile and connect it again. TidyTab restores all my groups but not in chronological order, they all have the same timestamp as the last group created.

Also sorry for ousting these before you can probably silently fix. 😁

[Option] Silently reject dups (Fixes #49)

Jun 3, 2017

Tab Group Order Botched

Nov 8, 2017

Just tidied 30 something tabs, nothing happened so I thought TT was broken, checked releases, nothing new so hit CTRL SHIFT T a few times and tried again, same. Doing a search for one of my tabs I found a huge group of 60+ tabs (it tidied twice) but not at the top as I expect but way down in the middle.

nani?! omae wa mou shindeiru

If it helps I have about 600 tabs in my dash.

Dashboard being pinned can be annoying

May 1, 2017

There is a problem about pinned dashboard. I think it's bug. Let me explain.

1. There are 2 open tabs, one is pinned Tidy dashboard, the other is a regular empty tab.
    2. Close pinned dashboard
    3. Close the last tab
    4. Open Chrome again
    • Pinned dashboard sometimes comes up and sometimes doesn't. I don't know what to expect here. Maybe it's a Chrome sync bug, not sure about that.

My suggestion is abondoning pinned dashboard completely or making it optional.

I think the behaviour when tidying all tabs should be like this:

1. If there is no other window, then open a new tab.
    2. If there are other window(s), open nothing.
    3. If panic button is pressed, tidy all windows and close Chrome. ( #65 previously requested feature)

This way, user can start a new project (or a new chapter in the life of procrastination) instantly with a new tab without being bothered by the dashboard. I know it looks cool all the tabs closing and the dashboard opening instantly but usability comes first in my opinion.

Moreover I never use pinned tabs on Chrome and don't like them anyway. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me.

enhancement
    Silently reject duplicates

Apr 18, 2017

A toggle to reject duplicates silently would be nice OR highlight them in a different color that signifies a dupe, current behavior is to split them into several tabs, not sure if this was a workaround of sorts. Also, is this behavior related to or a side product of https://github.com/eggplanetio/tidytab/commit/2c180f038642f5421dce633f774efe4980af643d?

Struck out text is probably related to #48

Platform not supported

Apr 6, 2017

Hey, I've tried to test tidytab, but it doesn't work for me.

Dev console says: chrome.clipboard is not supported on this platform or manifest version Windows 10 64bit Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)